Sunday, June 26, 2016

Getting Back At It!

Joseph Herrin (06-26-16)





















Hello! Er, um, excuse me. I am getting back at it. I know it will come as quite a shock for some people, but I am really getting back to things. The picture was taken today. It is really me.

Ok. It took me twenty minutes to find where the picture is being stored. It took me longer than that to type this little missive. But getting back to former speed includes getting back to much tamer speeds first.

I wanted to let the readers of this blog know that I am coming back. I also wanted them to know how I am doing it. As you can see I am pecking away at the computer. I have gotten a newsletter out. A newsletter is one of the mailings I send out to men in prison. It took me three days to get the newsletter out. It included a brief letter notifying readers of writing blocks. I am fine, but not yet.

I am also fine with the writing of the blog, but it will take me some time to get around to it again. Typing is with two hands, but they are one steady hand and one not so steady. My left hand never lost its flare for typing, but my right hand did. Just as of last week I am back to two handed typing. It is not like my former mode of typing, but I can see a difference in it. It is coming back.

My right foot never completely lost its ability to carry me around, but it has been needing a little help from my left hand. I give my right leg a modest boost with my left hand on a crutch to get going. Well, I have done more than that. For the first three weeks I gave myself a boost with a walker. I almost forgot about that.

It has now been about 7 weeks since I got out the last newsletter, so it is a good bit of progress this week. I have notified the 230 men on the mailing list that newsletters will be coming by-weekly instead of weekly. That should give me time to get back in the driver’s seat.

I expect that offering an e-mail like this will draw a good bit of mail. I want to offer to people here my best hand of writing. I know people will expect me to write them back, but let this letter be my reply. It is very hard to write just now. It has taken about 60 minutes to type up this letter. I am also very tired of typing now. Please know that I do read your mail with interest, though I am not always available to type up a solid reply. I find that my selection of words is limited to about 1/3 of the limits I previously had. This will return. It is like everything else. It just takes time.

Good-bye for now. May Yahweh grant you peace and understanding today.

Joseph Herrin

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws    

Parables Blog: www.parablesblog.blogspot.com    

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

20 comments:

John said...


Blessings Joseph.
Hallelujah!
It is great to see that you are on the mend.
You might want to consider utilizing voice recognition software. It now comes with most windows systems. On my windows seven, you can find it at "control panel -access- speech recognition." This technology actually learns how you speak and improves with use. Therefore, even with a little slurred speech, you may obtain 80 or 90% accuracy and greatly reduce your typing. I have been using the "Dragon Naturally Speaking" software since it first came out in the late 1990s and now I rarely have to type at both home and work. As a matter of fact, this message here is using the windows program, and it is the first time I have ever used it. And it is working pretty good.

God bless and Godspeed in your recovery.

John

Sojourner said...

Praise the Lord! I'm sooooo happy to see you are on the mend! I thank Yeshua for His healing touch upon you, brother Herrin! What ever happened to your puppies? Did you find homes for them all?

Joseph Herrin said...

Hello. I was able to get rid of all 8 puppies. All but one were boys. That made the getting rid of them pretty easy.

Unknown said...

So glad to receive your email and to know that you are on the mend. Will continue to pray for your recovery. God is so good!

MV said...

Praise the Lord what a blessing to see you back. Prayers will continue for your strength to fully return. Welcome back brother Joseph.

Unknown said...

What a joy to check the site and see this message from you. I checked every day knowing this day would soon come. Blessings to you. You have been such a blessing to my life! Sending love from Korea!

Unknown said...

Hello Joseph, it is so nice to see you looking so hearty! God has blessed you with such a ministry to prisoners and all of us! I've been praying and God is listening! Praise God for you, your health, your ministry and your witness! Keep on keeping on in the Holy Spirit's power and strength!! God Bless you always! Love in Jesus, Teresa Fata

Unknown said...

Every time the Lord has brought you to mind these past weeks this verse has been connected with it-- "In Him we live and move and have our being". We're so thankful He is strengthening you so you can continue to "let your light shine!"

Diane said...

Fantastic news, I've checked almost daily to see this fabulous news. God has answered our prayers. Lots of love from London

Stephen peter said...

Yay looking good Joseph. Best news ever. Stay strong brother. Love from New Zealand

Brian Klumpenhouwer said...

So grateful to our Father for his mercy. May God continue to work his strength in you and may his strength be made perfect in your weakness.
Love from Canada.

ByWaterAndBlood said...

Yahweh is faithful in your recovery and I am so very thankful for His steadfast love. You have also shown an amazing amount of faith and perseverance through this trial. Thanks be to Yahweh for your inspirational testimony! He truly has given you a great measure of faith, hope and love to shine forth in spirit. May you be blessed not only with peace in your heart but continued healing in your body.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but Yahweh delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:19)

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)

“Amen! Blessing, glory, wisdom, thanksgiving, honor, power, and might, be to our God forever and ever! Amen.” (Rev 7:12)
WEB

Unknown said...

So glad to have you back. Just know that even though this is the first time I have contacted you, I have been blessed by your writings for many years. I pray you will grow stronger each day and I believe there is much that the Farther has for you to share.
Ted Guzzzetti

Unknown said...

Praise Jesus

Unknown said...

Our prayers of intercession are being answered and we are very thankful to the Lord. It is great to see you brother. May the Lord continue to strengthen you each and every day. I think it appropriate to also thank Kristin your daughter for informing the followers of this site of your stroke and the updates. I will continue in prayer for you and your family. Warm Regards From Brother Jason Australia.

1_Light said...

Grateful for God ! It is wonder filled to see you ! You shall proclaim His glory in new and amazing ways !

Unknown said...

Missed you! Glad you are back!

JoAnn said...

I pray continued healing. God is good. I pray you find comfort and peace during this trial.

Sis. Elisheva said...

Bless the Lord for His mercy, grace, love and healing power. Keeping you and all that concerns you lifted up in prayer always.

Shalom and Maranatha.

CandM said...

So thankful to God for your recovery. Hope all is well and looking forward to your writing again.